1ST REGIONAL LEVEL MATH MELA EVENT
YaruKey-India organised 1st Regional Level Math Mela Event in the campus of SVERI (Shri Vithal Education and research institute ) group of institutions with the support of Lotus English School team and management of SVIPE (Shri Vithal Institute of Progressive Education). The Math event was quite successful as more than 30 schools from Solapur and Pandharpur region took part in the event.
Total participants count was about 400 (teachers and students)
1. Elementary Math Teachers (Grade 3rd-8th )
2. Maths Coordinators and Supervisors for Primary Schools
3. Students from Grade 3rd-5th
YaruKey-India and SVIPE organised the following:
(1) One Day Workshop on Effective Teaching of Maths – By YaruKey India and Shikshangan Education Initiatives
(2) Interschool Math Competition for students
(3) YaruKey Students Workshop for Grade 5th
(4) Hands on Math Activities for Grade 3rd & 4th
Interschool Math Competition
After the competition between students , prizes and certificate were distributed to the winner students.
One Day Workshop on Effective Teaching of Maths – By YaruKey India and Shikshangan Education Initiatives highlights on :
• What does being ‘good’ in Math mean?
• Broad strategies of teaching any concept in Math
• Role of Math facts (e.g.: multiplication tables) in learning Math
• Making Students comfortable with division
• Teaching how to attack word problems in Math
• Doing diagnostic assessment in Math
• Planning a lesson in Math
• Why do some students have ‘Math phobia’?