ONE DAY TEACHERS WORKSHOP – 27TH AUGUST 2019
· What does being ‘good’ in Math mean?
· Broad strategies of teaching any concept in Math
· Role of Math facts (e.g.: multiplication tables) in learning Math
· Making Students comfortable with division
· Teaching how to attack word problems in Math
· Doing diagnostic assessment in Math
· Role of formulae in Math
· Planning a lesson in Math
· Why do some students have ‘Math phobia’?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
· Elementary Math Teachers (Grade 3 to 8)
· Math Coordinators and Supervisors for Primary Schools
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS:
YaruKey is a web-based education service to learn mathematics for students of elementary schools has been developed by the education division of Toppan Printing Company Ltd, Tokyo, Japan.
Shikshangan Education Initiatives Pvt. Ltd:
Shikshangan assists schools in three ways: Professional development of school leaders, teachers, and young adults; Development of teaching-learning material; and Assessment of the school and plan for improvement.
So far, Shikshangan has worked with about 500 school principals. They have also trained about 5000 school teachers across all sections and school boards.